For Foreigners Registered as Residents in Japan

What is the Individual Number (nicknamed “My Number”)?

Individual Numbers are issued under the Social Security and Tax Number System, which is the base for linking and putting together personal information dispersed across multiple agencies under the name of the person it belongs to. The System serves as social infrastructure to improve the efficiency and transparency of the social security and tax systems, bring greater convenience to the public, and create a fair and just society.
Foreigners registered as residents in Japan (mid-term residents, special permanent residents, etc.) will also receive their Individual Numbers.

For further information, please check the web site below.
You can also contact the Call Center by phone.

Official HP


Chinese (simplified characters)

Chinese (original characters)




Other languages

Contact number for "My Number"
Tel: 0570-20-0291
@@* Service available in English, Chinese, Korean, Spanish, and Portuguese.
@@* 9:30`17:30
@@* Excluding Saturdays, Sundays, national holidays and end of year / New Year period
@@* 0570-20-0178 (service available in Japanese)

Page Top
Back to front page(EN)
Copyright (c) 2000-@Matsuyama International Center. All rights reserved.